You are using an outdated version of FileZilla. Please understand that we can not give any support for outdated versions.
Your version: 3.5.3
Current version: 3.8.0
You can download the current version on the download page.
If you installed FileZilla using your distribution's package manager, check your package manager for updates and inform your distributor if no update is available.
Depending on your problem, there are different places to get help.
Connection related problems
Read the guide thoroughly and follow its instructions meticulously, it contains all the necessary information. Following the guide saves both you as well as the support staff a lot of time.
You can use the wiki to find answers to common problems.
Feel free to contribute to the wiki, but remember that a wiki is there to provide solutions, not to ask questions.
Some pages of interest:
You can ask your questions in the forums if you need further help.
Before posting, use the search function, most likely your question has been answered before.
Be verbose in your posting and describe your problem in detail. Always state your operating system and the version of FileZilla you're using. Attach logs to your posting if possible.
If you prefer a direct chat with the developers and don't mind highly technical answers and long discussions, you can also join our IRC channel:
Please note that usage questions and general support requests should be posted in the forums instead.
Before posting a bug, you need to read and understand these guidelines, to save both you as well as the support staff and the developers a lot of time:
- Make sure you are running the latest version of FileZilla. No support for outdated versions.
Make sure you are using an official build that you downloaded from filezilla-project.org.
If you downloaded FileZilla from one of the so-called "portable apps" collections, you need to contact your portable-apps vendor.
If you did install FileZilla using the package manager of your distribution (e.g. on Linux), you need to contact your distributor.
- Search the existing bug reports including the closed bug reports if your issue has been reported before. If your issue has been reported before, do not reply to the bug report unless you can provide more information. "Me too" replies have absolutely no use and only distract the developers.
- If posting a new bug report, include your version of FileZilla and the name and version of your operating system
Be verbose. Say exactly what you did to trigger the bug.
Bad example: "Uploading a file crashes FileZilla"
Good example: "Uploading a file by dragging it from the local file list to a directory in the remote tree crashes FileZilla"
If possible, provide the contents from the message log. To do so, you should set the program's language to English, set the debug level to 3 in the settings and restart the client. Then connect to the server, perform the action that causes problems and copy the entire log to the clipboard and attach it to the bug report.
Do not tamper with the log, leave it exactly as is. Do not obfuscate any addresses or filenames. You will most certainly remove vital information from the log if you modify it.
- Prepare to answer further questions from the support staff and developers and to provide the requested information. Otherwise your report will be closed without a fix.
- Be patient. Bug fixing can take time
To report a bug, visit the bug report tracker.