These changelogs reflect the history of all files in the Subversion repository. The changelog has been generated at 2015-03-04 04:18:02
Changelog for wxWidgets (70435 changes):2010-09-21 13:44 VZ, revision 65579
2010-09-20 17:38 JMS, revision 65577
Fix wxStaticBox label redrawing when "Alt" is pressed in wxMSW. The default handling for Alt key press in the standard control is to redraw the label to account for showing of the keyboard queues (i.e. if the mnemonics were initially hidden, they are shown when Alt is pressed) but it doesn't redraw it in the correct colour resulting in any custom label colour being lost whenever Alt is pressed anywhere in the window containing the box. Fix this by forcing the box refresh which will result in repainting it using our code which does use the correct colour. Also update the static page of the widgets sample to allow changing the colours of all static controls on this page, including the wxStaticBox, and not just the main wxStaticText. Closes #12497.
2010-09-20 16:14 VZ, revision 65576
Call SetToolTip() for the property editor control when wxPG_EX_HELP_AS_TOOLTIPS style is used
2010-09-20 15:15 VZ, revision 65575
PCH-less compilation fix to GDI+ wxMSW code. Closes #12496.
2010-09-20 15:11 VZ, revision 65574
Correctly recognize when wglChoosePixelFormatARB() fails. This function returns TRUE even if it failed to find any matching formats, so test not only its return value but also the number of formats it found. Closes #12474.
2010-09-20 15:10 VZ, revision 65573
Always use native task dialog for wxProgressDialog under MSW if supported. Use task dialogs even for the dialogs with wxPD_AUTO_HIDE style flag and without wxPD_CAN_ABORT one. Generic fallback was used in this case as native task dialog doesn't support dialogs without buttons but it is finally better to create a dummy button and use the native dialog nevertheless. We already have a mostly disabled "Close" button for the dialogs without wxPD_AUTO_HIDE style so it seems logical to also have it (but just never enable it at all) when this style is used. Closes #12462.
2010-09-20 14:52 VZ, revision 65572
Ignore time component of SYSTEMTIME in wxMSW wxDatePickerCtrl. This is similar to the fix of r64208 for wxCalendarCtrl and ignores the time component of SYSTEMTIME objects returned by the native functions in wxDatePickerCtrl too to ensure that we operate with pure dates only. Closes #12493.
2010-09-20 14:52 VZ, revision 65571
Don't use native MSW functions in wxString::CmpNoCase(). While the native CompareString() is much more efficient than MSVC CRT version of _wcsicmp(), it gives unexpected results for non-letter characters, so don't use it but use the slow but correct wxStricmp() instead. At least don't use char-by-char comparison (in non-UTF-8 case) as it's the slowest possible implementation of this function, the new one using wxStricmp() is 3 times faster (by comparison, using CompareString() is 16 times faster still -- but wrong). Closes #10375.
2010-09-20 14:52 VZ, revision 65570
Add benchmarks for various ways to compare strings. Benchmark the abstraction overhead of wxString methods compared to plain functions and also benchmark native functions for string comparison under MSW.
2010-09-19 18:06 PMO, revision 65569
Flush output after every benchmark. This purely cosmetic change simply allows to see the output of the benchmarks sooner which is more user-friendly when running several long benchmarks.
- M /wxWidgets/branches/wxQT/build/bakefiles/files.bkl
- M /wxWidgets/branches/wxQT/include/wx/qt/button.h
- M /wxWidgets/branches/wxQT/include/wx/qt/calctrl.h
- M /wxWidgets/branches/wxQT/include/wx/qt/clrpicker.h
- M /wxWidgets/branches/wxQT/include/wx/qt/listctrl.h
- M /wxWidgets/branches/wxQT/include/wx/qt/radiobox.h
- M /wxWidgets/branches/wxQT/include/wx/qt/tglbtn.h
- M /wxWidgets/branches/wxQT/include/wx/qt/treectrl.h
- M /wxWidgets/branches/wxQT/Makefile.in
- M /wxWidgets/branches/wxQT/src/qt/button.cpp
- M /wxWidgets/branches/wxQT/src/qt/calctrl.cpp
- M /wxWidgets/branches/wxQT/src/qt/clrpicker.cpp
- M /wxWidgets/branches/wxQT/src/qt/listctrl.cpp
- M /wxWidgets/branches/wxQT/src/qt/radiobox.cpp
- M /wxWidgets/branches/wxQT/src/qt/tglbtn.cpp
- M /wxWidgets/branches/wxQT/src/qt/treectrl.cpp
2010-09-19 12:02 SJL, revision 65568
Minimal implementation for wxTreeCtrl, wxBitmapToggleButton, wxToggleButton, wxRadioBox, wxListCtrl
- M /wxWidgets/trunk/tests/controls/listbasetest.cpp
- M /wxWidgets/trunk/tests/controls/treectrltest.cpp
2010-09-18 18:26 VZ, revision 65565
Increase the number of expected events in TreeCtrlTestCase::KeyDown and ListBaseTestCase::KeyDown from four to six as this is the number of events seen when testing using their samples. This also stops the tests failing after the recent keyboard event improvements.
2010-09-18 18:26 VZ, revision 65564
Really fix setting fonts in RichEdit 4.1 controls. The fix applied in r64394 wasn't enough and the control could still decide to overwrite the font used by default when non-ASCII characters were inserted into it. To really force it to use the font we want we apparently must send it EM_SETCHARFORMAT with SCF_ALL flag (MSDN also documents SCF_DEFAULT but it's not clear if we should use it instead or together with SCF_ALL, for now it doesn't seem to be necessary).
2010-09-18 18:26 VZ, revision 65563
No changes, just refactor wxTextCtrl::SetStyle() in wxMSW. Split this overly long function into MSWSetCharFormat() and MSWSetParaFormat(). No real changes otherwise except for the use of PARAFORMAT instead of PARAFORMAT2 if wxUSE_RICHEDIT2 is not set as it was certainly intended (but the fact that nobody complained about this problem means that nobody must be compiling without wxUSE_RICHEDIT2 by now so arguably we should just remove it completely).
2010-09-17 21:07 RR, revision 65562
Set wxTextCtrl::m_verRichEdit to 4 for RichEdit 4.1. Set m_verRichEdit to a different value for the version 4.1 of the control as it behaves subtly differently from the previous versions. Also clarify that value of 2 is used for both 2.0 and 3.0 versions of the control. No real changes yet.
2010-09-17 13:17 DS, revision 65561
Postpone EnsureVisible() to idle as this sometimes seems to be required, fixes #12480: wxDataViewCtrl::EnsureVisible does not make item visible in some circumstances on GTK
- M /wxWidgets/trunk/samples/clipboard/clipboard.cpp
- M /wxWidgets/trunk/samples/uiaction/uiaction.cpp
- M /wxWidgets/trunk/src/common/cairo.cpp
- M /wxWidgets/trunk/src/common/uiactioncmn.cpp
- M /wxWidgets/trunk/src/gtk/print.cpp
- M /wxWidgets/trunk/src/os2/minifram.cpp
- M /wxWidgets/trunk/src/os2/snglinst.cpp
- M /wxWidgets/trunk/src/osx/bmpbuttn_osx.cpp
- M /wxWidgets/trunk/src/osx/button_osx.cpp
- M /wxWidgets/trunk/src/osx/carbon/nonownedwnd.cpp
- M /wxWidgets/trunk/src/osx/checkbox_osx.cpp
- M /wxWidgets/trunk/src/osx/choice_osx.cpp
- M /wxWidgets/trunk/src/osx/combobox_osx.cpp
- M /wxWidgets/trunk/src/osx/core/evtloop_cf.cpp
- M /wxWidgets/trunk/src/osx/core/glgrab.cpp
- M /wxWidgets/trunk/src/osx/core/mimetype.cpp
- M /wxWidgets/trunk/src/osx/core/sound.cpp
- M /wxWidgets/trunk/src/osx/core/timer.cpp
- M /wxWidgets/trunk/src/osx/dataview_osx.cpp
- M /wxWidgets/trunk/src/osx/dialog_osx.cpp
- M /wxWidgets/trunk/src/osx/dnd_osx.cpp
- M /wxWidgets/trunk/src/osx/gauge_osx.cpp
- M /wxWidgets/trunk/src/osx/glcanvas_osx.cpp
- M /wxWidgets/trunk/src/osx/listbox_osx.cpp
- M /wxWidgets/trunk/src/osx/menuitem_osx.cpp
- M /wxWidgets/trunk/src/osx/menu_osx.cpp
- M /wxWidgets/trunk/src/osx/nonownedwnd_osx.cpp
- M /wxWidgets/trunk/src/osx/notebook_osx.cpp
- M /wxWidgets/trunk/src/osx/printdlg_osx.cpp
- M /wxWidgets/trunk/src/osx/radiobut_osx.cpp
- M /wxWidgets/trunk/src/osx/scrolbar_osx.cpp
- M /wxWidgets/trunk/src/osx/slider_osx.cpp
- M /wxWidgets/trunk/src/osx/sound_osx.cpp
- M /wxWidgets/trunk/src/osx/spinbutt_osx.cpp
- M /wxWidgets/trunk/src/osx/srchctrl_osx.cpp
- M /wxWidgets/trunk/src/osx/statbox_osx.cpp
- M /wxWidgets/trunk/src/osx/statline_osx.cpp
- M /wxWidgets/trunk/src/osx/stattext_osx.cpp
- M /wxWidgets/trunk/src/osx/textctrl_osx.cpp
- M /wxWidgets/trunk/src/osx/textentry_osx.cpp
- M /wxWidgets/trunk/src/osx/tglbtn_osx.cpp
- M /wxWidgets/trunk/src/osx/toolbar_osx.cpp
- M /wxWidgets/trunk/src/osx/uiaction_osx.cpp
- M /wxWidgets/trunk/src/osx/utils_osx.cpp
- M /wxWidgets/trunk/src/osx/window_osx.cpp
- M /wxWidgets/trunk/src/unix/uiactionx11.cpp
- M /wxWidgets/trunk/tests/controls/label.cpp
- M /wxWidgets/trunk/tests/graphics/measuring.cpp
- M /wxWidgets/trunk/tests/misc/garbage.cpp
- M /wxWidgets/trunk/tests/toplevel/toplevel.cpp
2010-09-16 21:36 VZ, revision 65560
Set svn properties on .cpp files. Add missing svn:eol-style property to all .cpp files. Also set svn:keywords for .cpp files which don't have that property yet to Id, including src/osx/core/glgrab.cpp for consistency (it doesn't make use of the property).
2010-09-16 21:36 VZ, revision 65559
Allow setting Mac-specific menu item ids to wxID_NONE to suppress them. If s_macAboutMenuItemId or s_macPreferencesMenuItemId was explicitly set to wxID_NONE by the application, don't add them to the standard menu at all, otherwise they would be present there but be always disabled and useless. This is still not documented because we really need a better API for this but it at least provides a temporary workaround for having useless menu items under OS X.
2010-09-16 13:05 VZ, revision 65558
Allow use of report mode non-native wxListCtrl in wxListBook under Mac. The use of wxListBook in report mode was disabled for wxOSX in r54001 and r54318 (see #9484) because it created problems with the native wxListCtrl implementation but the report mode can be used if we're using the generic wxListCtrl version so do allow to use it if the system option governing the choice of the version to use is set to "generic". Of course, the real fix would be to correct the bugs in the native wxListCtrl version and use report mode always but for now this at least restores correct behaviour with the generic version.
2010-09-16 13:05 VZ, revision 65557
Only use wxFORCE_LINK_MODULE() in mediaplayer sample in static build. The linking optimization this macro protects against can't happen when using DLL and so using it is at best useless and actually harmful (because it doesn't contain the correct DLL export declarations) in the latter case.
2010-09-16 11:05 VS, revision 65556
Compilation fixes for non-MSVC 9 compilers after r65555. Somehow MSVC 9 compiled invalid wxT(__FUNCTION__) expressions but both MinGW and MSVC 6 (correctly) failed. Don't use this construct at all but instead call wxLogLastError() with the real function name. Also refactor the code slightly to avoid having to repeat this fix thrice.
2010-09-16 01:04 VZ, revision 65555
Fix wxMSW rendering artifacts with modal dialogs. When a modal dialog showed another modal dialog, parts of the parent window weren't refreshed correctly. This demonstrated itself as rendering artifacts when moving the child dialog to another position: parts of the dialog were shown as disabled, parts as enabled. Fixed by explicitly refreshing the window.
2010-09-16 00:13 DS, revision 65554
Remove display information caching from MSW wxDisplay implementation. Don't cache display rectangle and client rectangle as they can both change during the program lifetime (especially the latter which changes whenever taskbar is moved or shown/hidden) and retrieving them every time they're needed doesn't seem to be a problem performance-wise anyhow. We still cache the list of all the monitors, ideally we'd refresh it when we receive a notification about a display being [dis]connected. Closes #4582.
2010-09-16 00:10 VZ, revision 65553
Fix possible errors introduced while generating Xcode project. Under some unknown circumstances two added source files are concatenated into one faulty entry in an Xcode project (this probably occurs either at the Xcode or XMLTools2 level). Try to detect these errors in the Python script and fix them by patching up the project.pbxproj file.
2010-09-16 00:10 VZ, revision 65552
Document limitations of the generic wxTextEntry hints. Calling methods other than SetValue() or ChangeValue() doesn't update the display correctly currently, see #12475.
Update the text hint display correctly when ChangeValue() is called. wxTextEntry::ChangeValue() doesn't generate any events so we need to explicitly update the text stored by wxTextEntryHintData when it is called to ensure that it corresponds to the real controls value.